I'm a teacher. That is what I am. That is what I do. That's my passion, my challenge, and my joy. As I approach retirement from one phase of teaching and move to another, I decided to share some of what I learned with other teachers. Whether you are a student in a school of education, just trying to decided if this is the right place for you, or a student teacher or an experienced teacher who is "not quite burned out, but crispy around the edges, "this section is designed for your inspiration and encouragement.
Teaching from the Heart is not a reference book or study guide; it is rather a book of gems to hold onto when your world as a teacher seems to be nothing but rocks. Each chapter is short and easily readable during a hurried lunch hour or during a study hall.
It is also a book that the general public can read and enjoy . Everyone has a commonality in their shared school experiences. Everyone can remember a teacher who shared or influenced them in some way, To assume that the general public would have no interest in a book about teachers is to assume that the public would have no interest in a book about doctors. Teachers are a part of the fabric of our society, and this book can help remind the public how hard we as teachers work and how much we need to be shown respect and appreciation.
Some sample chapter headings :
- Advice To A First Year Teacher ("They're all Looking at me!)
- The Touch Of A Teacher (We Make a Difference).
- Help! ( I'm Going To Be A Student Teacher)
- The Table In The Teacher's Lounge ( A monument to all of us )
- The Needs OF Children ( The sea is so wide and my boat is so small)
- Technology ( I touch the future I teach )
- The touch of a teacher on the life of a child truly does make a difference.
- Click here if you would like to order Teaching from the Heart.
If you would like to read what other people thought about this book please visit the review.
Teaching from the Heart:
Reflections, Encouragement and Inspiration
For Teachers of All Ages
Copyright (R) Sharon Draper 1997
Used By Permission