Fun Facts & Silly Questions
1. What time do you wake up in the morning?
Four or five AM if I'm writing. Seven or eight if I'm not.
2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
3. What's your favorite color?
4. What is your dream car?
A Chrysler Convertible
5. What is your favorite outfit?
Jeans and tennis shoes.
6. What is your favorite TV show?
7. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Yogurt and walnuts and bananas
8. What would you hate to be left in a room with?
9. What else do you like to do besides write?
I like to read. I read dozens of books each year--mysteries, science fiction, historical fiction, novels. I won't read junk--there's not time to waste on poorly-written books.
10. What inspires you?
Honesty. Sincerity. Love.
11. What does the M. stand for in your name?
Mills. It was my name before I got married.
12. Beach, city, or country?
Beach...definitely the beach. I like to watch the waves.
13. Summer or winter?
Summer. I love the warmth of the sun on my face.
14. Favorite ice cream?
15. Least favorite ice cream?
Chocolate. I'm allergic to chocolate.
16. Favorite time of day?
Morning, because it's full of possibilities.
17. What time do you get up in the morning?
Four AM when I'm writing.
18. What time do you go to sleep at night?
19. What is you favorite food?
Teriyaki chicken or down home fried chicken.
20. Least favorite foods?
Chocolate. Tex-Mex food (too spicy). Anything fixed in a school lunchroom!
21. Favorite fast food?
California pizza--barbecue chicken flavor.
22. Favorite dog?
23. What characteristics do you despise?
24. Do you make a wish when you blow out the candles of your birthday cake?
25. Favorite flower?
26. Favorite fruit?
Bananas, without a doubt
27. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
I wouldn't tell anyone. I would give money anonymously to people who need it.
28. What's one thing you must have daily?
Cold, bottled water. Lots of it. I drink a gallon of water a day.
29. What color is your car?
30. Are you a careful driver or a speed freak?
Very careful. But I do like to go fast every once in a while.
31. How many keys on your key ring?
32. What do you do every single morning?
Have a cup of coffee and work the crossword puzzle in the newspaper. It stimulates my mind.
33. What would be a horrible vacation for you?
A cruise. I hate water and lots of people being forced together on a boat from which I can't leave when I want to.
34. When you visit schools, do people ever give you gifts? What's the best gift and worst gift you've ever received?
Hmmmm. That's a sticky one to answer. Even though I really appreciate gifts and the thought that goes into the purchase of them, sometimes I don't know what to do with them when I leave and head to the airport, especially if they are large. The best gifts I have ever received are gift certificates to bookstores or restaurants.
35. Can you swim?
36. Can you dance?
37. Do you drink?
38. Do you smoke?
39. Can you cook?
40. Can you sew?
41. Can you sing?
42. Can you whistle?
43. Can you play a musical instrument?
44. What is your favorite kind of music?
45. What is your least favorite kind of music?
Rap with profanity
46. Do you like to exercise?
I should, but I don't
47. What is your favorite sport?
48. What is your dog's name?
49. What is your cat's name?
50. What is the silliest pet you've ever owned?
51. What is the stupidest pet you've ever owned?
A bird that said, "Here, Kitty, Kitty." One day the cat answered, and that was the end of the bird!
52. What is the farthest place you've traveled?
53. What is the best place you've traveled?
Ghana, West Africa
54. What is the worst place you've ever stayed in?
A Motel Six in Idaho
55. What is the best hotel you've ever stayed in?
A Ritz Carlton in New York City
56. What frightens you?
57. What makes you laugh?
Babies. Family. Puppies.
58. What bores you?
The Home Shopping Network
59. What annoys you?
People who don't try. People who give up. People who only see the negative side of a situation. People who are selfish. People who switch the channel on the TV remote too quickly!
60. Do you collect anything?
Apples. I have over 300 apples--made of crystal, ceramic, glass, stone--all sizes and colors--no two are alike. They are in a lighted display case in my house, and I search for unique apples everywhere I go. I have a lead crystal apple that was given to me by the President of the United States, and an apple that contains volcanic dust blown into the glass. I have blue apples, orange, pink, yellow, green, black, and of course, red.
What makes you smile?